General Simplex, Newton Barrier, Presolve Options
The XPRESS Solver Engine Options dialog is divided into tabs that display options and parameters related to specific solution methods for LP and MIP problems. Click one of the links below to learn more about the 60+ user-controlled options offered by the XPRESS Solver Engine.
- General Options - Solution Method
- Linear Programming Options
- Newton Barrier (Interior Point) Options
- Mixed-Integer Programming Options
- MIP Node Selection Options
- MIP Heuristics Options
- Back to XPRESS Solver Engine Overview
The XPRESS Solver Options dialog General tab allows you to select the algorithm or solution method -- primal Simplex, dual Simplex, or Newton Barrier -- and to optionally invoke a presolve step which often simplifies the problem.